What to Look For in Power Tools
Power tools have various uses and best applications. Making an informed purchase requires careful consideration of what you need the tool to help you do and which tool has the ability to help you do it. You also want a product that will last for years to come.
Professional-grade power tools from manufacturers like Makita and Milwaukee offer a leap forward in durability, versatility, battery life and other important factors. If you work in a professional industry or are serious about DIY, spending extra today on a better-quality product will offer several benefits and save you money in the long-run with longer-lasting tools.
For help identifying the best cordless, electric or outdoor tool, get in touch with us.
We are proud to sell professional-grade power tools from today's most trusted manufacturers. Available products include:
- Cordless power tools: Cordless tools offer go-anywhere portability and freedom from wires. Cordless products are typically classified by their battery type and range in power from 12V to 120V. Most use a rechargeable lithium-ion battery. All our cordless tools can be counted on for reliability and power when you need it most. Popular items include Milwaukee drills, DeWalt cordless drills, Milwaukee grease guns and Makita circular saws.
- Batteries and chargers: Most cordless tools come with a battery and charger. Having an extra unit on hand can reduce downtime and help you stay productive in remote locations. We sell replacement Makita 18V batteries and Milwaukee M18 batteries, plus other products compatible with cordless tools from leading manufacturers.
- Electric power tools: Electric power tools run on standard AC power. You never have to worry about keeping a battery charged. Compared to cordless tools, they may deliver the additional performance necessary for taking on a tougher job. Electric bench tools like a Milwaukee band saw or a Makita jigsaw offer stability for precise cuts. Other products available include Bosch miter saws, Milwaukee grinders, Makita miter saws and more.
- Outdoor power tools: Working outdoors requires tools that combine portability and performance. Applications like landscaping, framing and roofing typically involve a combination of electric, cordless and gas-powered tools. Choose from Makita chainsaws, concrete cutters, trimmers, blowers and other products designed for outdoor use as well as generators and other items for field work.
- Accessories: An extensive selection of accessories complements our cordless, electric and outdoor power tools. Available products include chucks, bits and blades, cables, adaptors, sharpeners, stands and replacement parts.
If the item you need is not currently in stock, we can source it for you.
APPLICATIONS FOR POWER TOOLS & ACCESSORIES
Some of the typical power tool applications include:
- Plumbing and electrical work: Plumbers and electricians need versatile power tools that can work in tight spaces or at awkward angles. Angle drills â€” a cross between a small hand drill and a screwdriver â€” includes a short head that is set at a 90-degree angle, making it easier to work in confined spaces.
- Automotive mechanics: Because their job involves precision work, mechanics need power tools that can, for example, measure the force applied to a fastener during tightening. With an angle wrench, also known as a torque wrench, mechanics can ensure they are fastening bolts equally at the desired angle degree.
- Construction: Many construction projects call for a variety of power tool applications. Concrete vibrators help ensure concrete remains free of air bubbles during pouring, while also strengthening the concrete and producing a smooth, even finish. In addition, a demolition hammer can facilitate breaking down concrete walls or breaking open surfaces.
- Carpentry: Carpenters, cabinet makers and do-it-yourselfers use a variety of power tools. Circular saws feature a toothed disc or blade for safe, accurate cutting of wood and other materials. To create grooves in wood, carpenters use groove cutters â€” a saw that makes the incision and a cutter that removes the wood. Users can change the angle of the cut by holding the groove cutter at different positions.
- General contracting: For applications such as flooring, roofing and finishing work, general contractors and remodeling professionals often use nailers or nail guns. These power tools use compressed air to drive nails into wood more quickly and efficiently than a handheld hammer.
- Landscaping: To remove outdoor debris, a blower is an essential power tool for landscapers and lawn care professionals. It uses air propelled from a nozzle to remove freshly cut grass, twigs, leaves and light snow from walkways.
Many products in our extensive power tool inventory are available in electric and cordless versions. An electric tool often delivers more power, and it eliminates concerns about dead or weakening batteries. A cordless tool offers the benefits of convenience and mobility, as there is no need to plug it into an electrical outlet.
Shop Online Today
Construction Fasteners and Tools is the best place online to buy professional-grade power tools. We treat all customers with respect and consideration. Our goal is to help you make an informed decision with every purchase.
Shipping is free on select orders over $200. We also offer a 30-day return policy so you can shop with confidence. Buy your next cordless or electric tool online through our secure web store or contact our team directly for assistance.