Socket Sets, Extensions and More
We sell the following types of socket products and accessories:
- Adapters: With a socket adapter, you can transform your electric or cordless drill into a socket driver. These handy attachments will improve your efficiency and flexibility by broadening your power drill's capabilities.
- Extensions: If you need to access tough-to-reach areas with your ratchet, consider buying a socket extension. These expand the reach of a socket for better control in confined spaces.
- Torx and hex bits: Torx and hex bit sockets give a ratchet driving capabilities for their specified head. While a traditional socket fits over the head of the fastener, these sockets fit inside the fastener head.
- Drive retaining rings and locking pins: A socket retaining ring or locking pin helps the user secure a socket onto a drive tool for better fit and performance while using the tool.
Benefits of Sockets and Ratchets
The advantages of sockets, socket sets and the tools that use them include:
- Ease of use: Socket-compatible tools such as ratchets and adapted drills can make it easier to turn a fastener than a conventional wrench. With a conventional wrench, you need to reposition the tool on the nut or bolt every time you turn it. Meanwhile, adapted drills and ratchets have more flexible positioning for faster work.
- Space efficiency: Compared to single-purpose tools, sockets save space by allowing one tool to serve multiple uses. You can store a single ratchet or drill with your sockets to improve your space footprint over storing multiple hand tools. Socket kits feature specialized storage boxes that keep the sockets you need in a compact place.
- Lower risk of fastener damage: Since sockets distribute pressure evenly around a fastener, they can make it easier to work with nuts and bolts without damaging them. Traditional spanners have two points of pressure that can damage a fastener or wear away its corners with improper use. Sockets leave more room for error with multiple points of pressure around the fastener.
- Broad utility: You can buy a comprehensive socket set or mix and match the sockets you need to meet the requirements of the jobs you typically finish. When you have a new fastener to work with, you can add a compatible socket to your set without needing to buy an entire hand tool.
- Better access to fasteners: Products such as extensions, deep sockets and adapters make it easy to reach fasteners in confined areas. These accessories come in multiple sizes to help you adapt to different spaces.
Shop Sockets Online at Construction Fasteners and Tools
Count on our online store for the sockets, hand tools, power tools and supplies on your list. If you have any questions about our products or policies, contact our experts online or call us at 1-866-238-8880.