Select From Finished Hex Nuts, Heavy Hex Nuts, and More
A hex nut works like other nuts - it acts as a fastener to connect components and works in coordination with mating screws and bolts. Its name comes from its hexagonal or hex-shaped body, and it is one of the most common nuts you will come across as a contractor or do-it-yourself project enthusiast. A few examples of when you might use hex nuts include building shelving, completing car maintenance or repairing household equipment or appliances.
Today, several hex nuts are available, including:
- Finished: The most common type of hex nuts are finished hex nuts. A few industries that rely on them include the machinery and automotive sectors, which use them to establish a secure joint by fastening the finished hex nut to a socket cap screw, bolt or hex cap screw.
- Unfinished: Your run-of-the-mill hex nuts are your unfinished hex nuts. They are ideal for lighter applications with static loads, which means you want to use a finished or heavy nut for more demanding projects that may undergo vibrations, fatigue and impact load.
- Heavy: The heavy-duty version of the hex nut is the aptly-named heavy hex nut. It differs from standard hex nuts with its weight, size and thickness - all of which are larger than your typical hex nut. You want to use a heavy hex nut when you are working with a bolt with high strength and a large diameter, like a carriage bolt.
At Construction Fasteners and Tools, we offer unfinished, heavy and finished hex nuts to keep your toolbox stocked.
Buy Hex Nuts Online at cf-t.com
We break down our available hex nuts by four factors:
- Diameter: The diameter of our finished, heavy and unfinished hex nuts range from 0.75 inches to two inches, and includes metric sizes of M3 to M30.
- Finish: The plating or finishes of our finished and heavy hex nuts include galvanized, stainless steel, cadmium and zinc, which protect against rust and lead to a noticeable difference in the look and feel of a hex nut.
- Pitch: The pitch of our unfinished, heavy and finished hex nuts encompasses coarse, fine, metric coarse and metric fine thread. You can also filter by thread pitch and thread count (TPI), which ranges from five to 20 TPI.
- Grade: The grade of our finished, unfinished and heavy nuts includes two through eight, as well as DHA563, 934-10, 2H, 316, 10.9 and 8.8. The most common picks tend to be our grade 2 hex nuts and grade 8 finished hex nuts, though yours may vary based on your project.
We also carry a broad selection of contractor-approved wrenches, screws, washers and bolts to go with your hex nuts.
Shop Online with Construction Fasteners and Tools
No matter your role, whether it is as a contractor or do-it-yourself hobbyist, your time is valuable. You do not have the time to spend your weekend or workday rushing between stores, which is why we offer you an extensive and well-stocked supply of fasteners and all the other tools you need to get the job done. At Construction Fasteners and Tools, we provide you with the best customer experience, making it hassle-free to find the contractor-approved products you need - we will even source hard-to-find products for you.
We cap off our customer experience with same-day shipping for most orders, as well as free shipping on orders of $99 or more*. Our website is also easy-to-use and ensures all your payments are safe and secure. If you need assistance, you are always encouraged to contact our helpful team. We may not be helping with your project in-person, but we are as invested in it as you are, which is why we will make sure you get the best tools for the job.
Browse our selection of hex nuts and other fasteners to find what you need for your next project today!