Our Booster Cables for Sale
The booster cables at Construction Fasteners and Tools help jump a drained battery on a car, truck or another vehicle. We have booster cable options from these brands:
- Hjukstrom: Booster cables by Hjukstrom quickly recharge car batteries. Our Hjukstrom 32-259D booster cable features copper strands wrapped in oil- and chemical-resistant thermoplastic rubber. The cable features rugged parrot jaws and measures 16 feet long to reach both cars easily.
- Century Wire: Century Wire booster cables are known for quality design and reliable performance. The Century Wire D1110225GN booster cable has Pro Glo® technology to identify ground continuity in the circuit and power in the cord. The Sure Grip clamps allow easy fitting on the top and side posts of batteries. This cable has triple polarity identification to prevent reverse polarity.
How to Use Booster Cables
Jumping your car may be necessary if nothing happens when you turn the key. To jump-start your car, you will need booster cables and another vehicle with a battery voltage like your car's.
Here is how to start your car with booster cables:
- Position the working vehicle to face the dead car with a few inches in between. Pop the hoods and switch the engines off on both vehicles.
- Starting with the dead one, clamp the red cable so each end is attached to the positive battery terminals in both cars.
- Clamp one end of the black cable to the negative terminal in the working vehicle. Clamp the other end to any grounded metal component in the dead car except the battery.
- Confirm that the booster cables are in the correct positions to prevent any risk of malfunction.
- Turn on the working vehicle and let it idle for at least one minute.
- Try to start the dead car. If the issue was related to the battery, you should be able to turn on the engine.
- Once both vehicles are running, disconnect the jumper cables in the opposite way you clamped them. Remove the black cable from the grounded metal first, the black cable from the working vehicle second, the red cable from the working vehicle third and the red cable from the dead car last.
- Let the dead car idle for 30 minutes or drive a short distance to recharge the battery.
Order Booster Cables and More From Construction Fasteners and Tools
Construction Fasteners and Tools is Canada's trusted source for tools, safety gear and other essential products. Our vast product inventory includes fasteners, abrasives and most anything contractors and DIYers need for their projects.
Browse our booster cables online today to keep yourself prepared on the road. If you need any help selecting the right booster cables for your battery, get in touch online or call 866-238-8880.