Our Security Bits for Sale
Construction Fasteners and Tools has security bits from Omega, GRK and our CFT-Approved brand. Find the security bit you need based on its drive type and size.
Our security bit inventory includes these drive types:
- Allen head hex: Allen head hex security bits have a hexagon-shaped end and fit into hex sockets. Tamper-resistant hex sockets have a pin in the recess. These bits fit around the pin to tighten and loosen the fastener.
- Phillips: Phillips security bits are compatible with Phillips fasteners, which have a crosshead. The crosshead can endure more torque from the security bit to create a tight fit.
- Spanner: Spanner security bits have two teeth that fit into the two recesses of spanner-style fasteners. These bits are also called snake-eye bits since the two pins look like eyes.
- Torx: Torx security bits are used with Torx screws, characterized by a six-pointed star recess with a central protruding pin. Torx bits have a hole to fit this pin to make adjustments.
The security bit size indicates the screw size it will fit. Our security bit sizes can be measured in:
- Standard sizes: Some of our security bits are measured by the width of the drive size. Our security bits range from 3/32 inches to 7/32 inches.
- Phillips sizes: Phillips security bits come in sizes indicated by numbers instead of measurements. Each bit size fits a particular Phillips fastener size.
- T-sizes: Torx security bits have T-size measurements which match the corresponding Torx screw. For example, the GRK 87443 T25 Torx bit should be used with T25 screws.
Uses for Security Bits
These bits prevent vandalism and tampering due to their unusual style, so they are best used in areas where you need to ensure an installation remains intact. Standard driver sets do not have security bits, limiting the number of people who can access your secure fastener.
You need to use security bits with the appropriate security screws and torque them to recommended specifications to achieve a tamper-proof assembly. Use security bits to help prevent unauthorized personnel from making changes to:
- License plates
- Grills in vehicles and buildings
- Food preparation and processing equipment
Order Security Bits and More From Construction Fasteners and Tools Today
Construction Fasteners and Tools has a wide selection of tools and products available, from cutting tools to safety equipment. The variety we stock means we likely have the tool you are looking for, and we can source any product you need. We offer a 30-day return window and free shipping on qualifying orders over $99.
Browse our security bits online for a new level of protection for your installations. If you need help selecting a security bit, call an expert at 866-238-8880 or get in touch with our team.