Our Inventory of Taps and Dies
Our tap and die products include:
- Bottoming taps: Bottoming taps have a blunt end and one or two tapered threads on the tap. This design corrects threads in blind holes since the flat end allows the bottoming tap to thread nearly the entire depth of the hole. We have bottoming taps with National Coarse (NC) or National Fine (NF) threads for many drill sizes.
- Combination tap and drill: Combination drill taps are able to drill a hole and create threads quickly without specialty drills or tap wrenches, saving you time. Get a combination tap and drill from DEWALT® or Milwaukee Tool.
- Die wrenches: A die wrench holds both hex and round dies. The straight handles allow you to turn the die for manual threading. Our Drillco® 3000DS3 die wrench is designed for use with round adjustable split dies.
- Hex dies: A hex die has a hexagonal shape that can fit into a socket or crescent wrench to repair rusty and damaged threads. Our hex die inventory includes products with 4.5 to 32 threads per inch (TPI).
- Pipe taps: Pipe taps create threading inside the receiving end of a hollow pipe so another pipe can attach to it. We have several pipe taps to fit your exact specifications.
- Plug taps: Plug taps have three to five tapered threads and a continuous cutting edge. Plug taps clean threads in preexisting holes and cut threads in the last part of through holes. Get a plug tap in many diameters, drill sizes, threading and TPI.
- Tap and die sets: Tap and die sets are available, supplying the most common sizes needed and the accessories to go with them. Get the tools necessary to make threads in components for various applications.
- Tap wrenches: Also called a T-handle wrench, a tap wrench accepts a changeable tap bit that creates internal threading on fasteners. We carry standard and adjustable options.
- Taper taps: Taper taps have eight to 10 tapered threads and are used for starting new holes or correcting damaged threads at the beginning of the hole. Our inventory includes taper taps from Walter and Klein.
Applications for Taps and Dies
Taps and dies are made from hardened carbon steel or high-speed steel, both robust materials. Taps and dies can thread these components:
- Cast iron
- Mild steel
- Nonferrous metals
- Cast steel
- Stainless steel
Taps and dies are commonly used in the industrial metalworking industry for countless metallic components and the automotive industry for motorcycle and car parts.
Buy Taps and Dies Online Today
Construction Fasteners and Tools is your one-stop shop for tools and more. Our wide inventory has everything you need for your project, from fasteners to power tools. We also have dedicated customer service and free shipping on qualifying orders of $99 or more.
Explore our taps and dies online or call 866-238-8880 to get tool selection guidance from one of our experts.