Carbide Burr Types and Applications
Carbide burrs, also referred to as rotary burrs, work well for deburring, cutting, shaping, grinding and removing sharp edges from materials. They are ideal for use on a wide range of substrates, including steel, aluminum, cast iron, fiberglass, plastics, all types of wood and various precious metals. Carbide burrs are the preferred tool of choice because they typically offer a long performance life with minimal damage.
We offer the most common shapes of carbide burrs, including:
- Cylinder A-shape.
- Cylinder end-cut shape.
- Cone shape.
- Taper shape.
- Flame shape.
- Tree shape.
- Oval shape.
- Ball nose shape.
In addition to the many individual burrs we have for sale, we offer a six-piece set from Premium Tool that contains various shapes and designs all in one kit.
Factors to Consider When Selecting Carbide Burrs
Carbide burrs are versatile tools that work for a wide range of applications. The type of substrate and operation typically determine which kind of burr is best for the job. Two factors that help decide the ideal cut type include the amount of waste on a product and the degree of smoothness required for a project.
- Standard cuts produce smooth finishes on cast iron, steel and ferrous metals.
- Fine cuts result in better finishes because of the extra flutes and lighter impact on more rigid materials.
- Coarse cuts work better for softer materials that embed and pack in the flutes.
Brands of Carbide Burrs We Offer
At Construction Fasteners and Tools, we provide carbide burrs from the best brands available:
- Premium Tool: Premium Tool carbide burrs contain the highest quality tungsten carbide and use state-of-the-art CNC technology to produce some of the most consistent cutting burrs on the market. Whether you're doing weld slag removal, preparation, chamfering or deburring, Premium Tool burrs are among the most durable and wear-resistant in the industry.
- FEIN: FEIN carbide burrs are perfectly balanced and precision ground for superior performance, consisting of the highest quality carbide material. Diamond cutting technology ensures many years of smooth performance.
- Jet®: Jet-Kut carbide burrs are ideal for shaping, smoothing and removing waste from materials like hardened steel, cast iron, stainless steel, non-ferrous metals, plastics, ceramics, hardwoods and more. These burrs work particularly well on hard materials and other high-quality tool steels and heat-resistant castings, in addition to plastic material, brass and cold-forged aluminum.
Advantages of Using Carbide Burrs for Your Application
The benefits you'll experience upon purchasing our carbide burrs include:
- Long-lasting: High-quality carbide ensures extended life for long production runs.
- Efficient: Double-cut grooves remove burrs and scrap much quicker than conventional metal burrs. Extreme heat tolerances allow for higher RPM cutting speeds. Higher cutting speeds reduce production cycle times.
- Durable: They stand up to the hardest and toughest materials without sacrificing quality.
- Versatile: Carbide burrs can perform various tasks across multiple applications.
Shop Carbide Burrs at Construction Fasteners and Tools Today
We serve manufacturing companies and do-it-yourself enthusiasts alike, and our emphasis on superior customer service has satisfied countless online shoppers throughout the years. Contact us today with any technical questions about our carbide burrs or for assistance placing your order.