Things to Consider When Buying Blades for Your Band Saw
Besides choosing a band saw blade brand you trust, selecting the right blade for your saw comes down to three primary factors — length, width and teeth per inch (TPI).
- Blade length: Purchasing the correct length band saw blade is crucial to proper functioning, as your operation depends on the exact configuration of your saw. Your manufacturer's manual spells out the required length. If you don't have a manual, it's best to contact the machine's manufacturer.
- Blade width: You can choose your blade's width based on the degree of cuts you intend to make. The blade width determines the smallest radius you can use when cutting curves. Narrower blades work well for smaller radius cuts, while wider blades are better suited for straight line and heavy-duty cuts.
- TPI: Choose a blade with more TPI to achieve a smoother, more refined cut. High TPI counts work better for thinner materials and may require a slower feed rate through the blade. Thicker materials need low TPI blades but can cut at higher feed rates.
Brands of Band Saw Blades We Offer
Construction Fasteners and Tools offers some of the highest-performing band saw blades from the most trusted brands in the industry:
- Milwaukee®: Our comprehensive line of Milwaukee band saw blades use precision-formed teeth to produce clean, fast cuts. Milwaukee's Matrix II steel teeth last longer than most other brands, even in many dense metal-cutting applications.
- Makita®: Makita manufactures a 32 7/8-inch, 18 TPI band saw blade using an enhanced welding process geared towards longer blade life. The wavy tooth set cuts through various material grades efficiently, including most steel products. The bi-metal construction means high-quality production over longer periods.
- CFT-Approved: Our own CFT-Approved brand of products features some of the best construction fastener and tool industry offerings, including high-quality band saw blades.
Typical Band Saw Blade Applications
Band saws are mainstream in the woodworking, metalworking, and lumbering industries. They're also valuable for other applications, like large volumes of cardboard cutting in corrugated packaging. Typical examples of materials that band saws cut are:
Benefits of Buying Band Saw Blades from Construction Fasteners and Tools
Among the many benefits you'll see when you purchase blades from us include:
- Versatility: The blades we carry are solid and durable, making them suitable for cutting a wide range of materials effectively and accurately.
- Improved efficiency: Our manufacturers use the highest-quality blade materials to produce more efficient cuts with less wasted product.
- Enhanced precision: Our band saw blades will give superior results in terms of precision and accuracy compared to most other sawing or cutting tools.
- Increased control: Our blades can precisely cut and trim irregular shapes, allowing the operator to control the degrees of cutting throughout the sawing process.
Choose Construction Fasteners and Tools for All Your Band Saw Blade Needs
Contact us today to learn more about the specific brands and sizes of band saw blades that will best benefit your particular application.