Types of Auger Bits We Offer
Auger bits are one of the most common bits available on the market for drilling holes in wood. Their basic design consists of a feed screw, spurs, cutting edges, a twist, a shank and a tang, similar to the shape of a corkscrew. The spurs score the hole for the cutting edges, and the twist carries the shavings away from the cutters. Although auger bits are among the oldest tools around, they still play vital roles in the modern world.
Construction Fasteners and Tools offers an extensive range of auger bits from some of the most trusted brands in the industry. Several examples include:
- Ship auger bits: Milwaukee® ship auger bits can drive through nails embedded in wood without the frequent need of resharpening. These bits allow you to drill confidently when installing Romex wire, rebar, Pex water lines, bolts and rope in piers, playground equipment and other heavy-duty projects. The flutes are wider for maximum and efficient chip removal, even in extra-deep holes.
- Lineman's impact bits: Milwaukee's SHOCKWAVE™ lineman's impact auger bits deliver cleaner holes in utility poles much faster than conventional bits. They feature a single spur to score the hole's edge, creating a smoother hole that allows bolts to slide through easily. These bits also showcase an anti-friction, PTFE reinforced coating for overall smoother bit insertion and removal.
- Bosch Daredevil™ auger bits: These bits offer some of the most innovative technology in wood drilling. Dual cutting edges provide smoother nail cutting and more balanced drilling. A reinforced shank delivers additional stability and strength during aggressive drilling and nail hits.
We also offer multiple bit sets from Milwaukee to provide a convenient assortment of options for various applications.
Advantages of Using Auger Bits Over Other Drill Bits
The advantages of auger bits over conventional drill bits include:
- Greater drilling depth: Auger bits can drill deeper and more accurate holes in wood than most standard bits. This benefit makes them perfect for several types of applications, from woodworking and furniture-making to heavier construction and contracting projects, like drilling through decking material.
- Better quality: The sharp spurs on the edge of an auger bit's tip produce more uniform and smoother holes than conventional bits.
- Less effort: Feed screws eliminate the need for excessive pressure at the beginning of the drilling process. The threads and twists also reduce the force needed to draw the bit through the wood.
- Prevents hole clogging: The wide flighting of an auger bit pushes away shavings as it cuts through the wood, ensuring a clean, clog-free hole.
Find Auger Bits at Construction Fasteners and Tools Today
When shopping for auger bits, Construction Fasteners and Tools is the single source for all your needs. Explore our extensive online inventory to find the perfect bit for your specific application. If there's a product you cannot find online, give us a call at 866-238-8880 and we'll locate it for you.