Benefits of Using Thermoplastic Sealants
One of the most significant advantages of using thermoplastic sealants instead of standard caulking is elasticity. After it dries, caulking is much more rigid than sealant. Sealants often perform better in spaces that are vulnerable to contraction and expansion.
Additional advantages of thermoplastic sealants include:
- The ability to withstand extreme temperatures: In addition to bonding to a broader range of materials, thermoplastic sealants can also withstand temperature fluctuations better than many standard grades of caulking.
- Superior insulating properties: Thermoplastic sealants are much more effective in keeping out extreme cases of heat and cold than many types of caulking or rubber sealants.
- Tight sealing and durable: Thermoplastic sealants form tight and durable seals that are much harder to force apart than rubber seals.
- Appealing aesthetics: Thermoplastic looks much more attractive than rubber seals and caulking and it often holds paint much better.
- Water repellant: Thermoplastic sealants do an exceptional job repelling rain and other forms of moisture.
- Low chemical reactivity: Many thermoplastic sealants have low chemical reactivity, contain no volatile organic compounds (VOCs) and have virtually no odor.
- Non-staining: Most thermoplastic sealants are non-staining before and after painting.
- Fast curing times: Most thermoplastic sealants cure in less than 24 hours.
Types of Thermoplastic Products We Offer
At Construction Fasteners and Tools, we work with some of the industry's leading product manufacturers to provide the highest-performing sealants available. Our offerings include:
- NuFlex® 640 Thermoplastic: NuFlex 640 Thermoplastic is a high-performance cured sealant with excellent adhesion properties to a wide range of materials. It is ideal for sealing and adhesive applications and is available in non-sag consistency for caulking guns.
- Tremco® 830 Clear: Tremco 830 Clear is a sealant ideal for glazing and sliding applications in windows, doors, siding and crown molding. It holds paint exceptionally well after full cure.
- Tremco® 830 Gray: Tremco 830 Gray offers all the benefits of Tremco 830 Clear in gray to match darker color patterns.
Typical Applications of Thermoplastic Sealants
Thermoplastic sealants are a staple in the construction and contracting industries. Unlike some solvent-based sealants, thermoplastic sealants will not bleed into adjacent surfaces. They also form smooth, non-tacky skin that repels dust and dirt.
These products are ideal for sealing joints, cracks and gaps in various heavy moisture and outdoor areas.
The most common uses include the sealing of:
- Window joints.
- Door caps.
- Crown molding.
- Marine applications.
Shop Thermoplastic Products at Construction Fasteners and Tools Today
Construction Fasteners and Tools is proud to offer our customers the highest-performing fastening products and tools on the market. Our thermoplastic products by NuFlex and Tremco are just one example of our superior offerings. Give us a call at 866-238-8880 or contact us online for more information today.