Choosing the Right Abrasive
Choosing the right abrasive requires a careful consideration of multiple factors, including:
- The goal of the task at hand, whether it is fine polishing or rougher jobs such as surface preparation and deburring
- The type of material you are working with, whether it is wood, metal, concrete or something else
- The tool you are using and its compatibility with various wheels, grinders, discs or other abrasives
In addition to these factors, you also want a product that will deliver value and safety. Not sure what abrasive you need for a job? Call or email our team – we’re happy to help!
Available abrasive products include:
- Accessories such as Huntington wheel dressers and cutters, lubricants and a wide range of replacement parts for other items in our online store.
- Belt drums by Walter, Fien and more. Popular products include the Walter BLENDEX line, which is used to polish, clean, deburr and brighten alloy materials such as stainless steel, aluminum and copper.
- Bench wheels by Jet and Premium Tool, including crimped wire wheels, grinding wheels and more.
- Cutting discs such as the Walter ZIP WHEEL line — one of the most advanced on the market today and an ideal choice for working with cast iron, sheet metal and stainless steel.
- Flap discs, including Walter FLEXSTEEL and ENDURO-FLEX products, among other great choices that meet the demanding requirements of the metal finishing and fabricating industries.
- Flap wheels in a variety of grits and diameters. Fine sanding applications typically use flap wheels to quickly produce an attractive satin finish.
- Grinding discs in different sizes. Walter grinding discs are reliable choices for light-, normal- and heavy-duty applications. We also carry products by Klingspor, Jet and other manufacturers.
- Mounted points for blending, cleaning and polishing hard-to-reach surfaces. We sell products in a range of shapes and sizes to meet the needs of any task.
- Polishing products for use on steel, masonry, concrete and other materials. Options include Fien poly-mix and poly-fleece wheels as well as Walter discs and Milwaukee cutting pads.
- Resin-bonded cup discs, plug wheels, cones and other tools.
- Sanding belts by Klingspor, Hermes and other manufacturers. We carry various sizes and grits for tasks ranging from light finishing to grinding and deburring.
- Sanding blocks by Klingspor and 3M. Sanding blocks are a lightweight, portable solution with multiple usable sides to provide access to hard-to-reach spaces.
- Sanding discs, including 3M, Festool and Walter sanding discs in hook and loop, roloc and other styles. Discs up to 12” are available in materials including radial bristle, fiber and more.
- Sanding sheets for hand sanding or use with powered tools. We sell products ranging from 40 (coarse) to 2000 (very fine) grit for every possible application.
- Shop rolls of sanding paper that can be cut or torn to the size you require. Shop rolls are an affordable bulk solution for busy facilities.
- Straight grinding wheels, including Milwaukee aluminum oxide resinoid products in sizes ranging from 2-1/2" x 1/2" x 3/8" to 6" x 1" x 5/8".
- Surface conditioning products for quickly cleaning and deburring weld joints.
- Wire wheel brushes, including Walter knot-twisted products that are balanced to reduce vibration while optimizing user safety.
Shop Quality Abrasives at Construction Fasteners and Tools
We have one of the largest selections of Walter grinding discs and other abrasives available for sale online. If we don’t have what you are looking for in stock, we’re more than happy to find it for you. Working with Construction Fasteners and Tools, you will find a dedicated partner who offers expert advice and exceptional service every step of the way.
Shop online today on our safe and secure website and get free shipping on orders over $200.